Why Use Live chat?
“Live Chat” offers an opportunity to offer better communication with your customers right there on your website. Because people love to chat and because most people would rather use chat than talk to customer service over the phone or via email, live chat can improve customer service and lead generation. Additionally, it makes it more likely that they will return to your website since they can more easily connect with you or a member of your team via live chat. Having a live chat can also get your customer’s questions answered quickly, perhaps avoiding the need for a phone call.
According to research, about 8-9% of companies are using live chat on their website. Therefore, offering live chat may be a great opportunity to grow your business and better engage with your potential customers. When customers speak with you real-time through live chat, you are not only meeting their expectation, but you may be achieving a competitive advantage.
It is also possible to multitask using live chat. You can often respond to one customer while waiting on the reply of another.
What do consumers think of Live Chat?
Here is some research from 99firm
- 79% of consumers prefer live chats because they offer instant responses.
- Live chat has the highest consumer satisfaction rate at 92%.
- For 41% of consumers, live chat is a preferred channel for contacting support teams.
- 63% of consumers who used live chat on a website are likely to return to that site.
- 42% of businesses think customers prefer phone support.
- More than half of all chats come from mobile.
- 70% of consumers prefer human agents to AI technologies.
Will Live Chat be good for my Business?
If your answer is “YES” to any of these three questions, then your website would be a good fit for a new chat feature:
- Does your website sell products/services?
- Does your website have a community that will benefit from more engagement?
- Is there somebody in your team available to answer chat inquiries regularly?
Integration with WordPress Websites
The following integrate with WordPress.
CHAPORT ( pro plan $9.80)
They offer a free forever plan for low usage. The free plan has all the necessary features for basic live chat.
LIVE CHAT.com (starter plan $19/mo.)
Live Chat is easy to set up and integrates with dozens of other services like Google Analytics, Zendesk, popular CRM tools, email marketing services, and more.
OLARK (starter plan $19/mo.)
Live chat option is easy to use and integrates with other services like Salesforce, Zendesk, Highrise, Slack, Google Analytics, and more.
Pure Chat ( growth plan $49/mo )
Pure chat focuses on a simple live chat solution which is easy to use.
All of the live chat apps above offer a free trial. Looking to install Live Chat on your WordPress website? WP Beginner offers a detailed tutorial here.
Read Related Articles