Tradie Case Studies
Doran Solar Website Case Study
Doran Solar was a business web design project for an Auckland solar company. They offer domestic and commercial solar installation to the Upper North Island. The company also provides Electric vehicle chargers. The business owners had extensive electrical experience over many years and had been installing solar installations for some time. They wanted to create a unique brand through a solar website for their separate solar business while maintaining links with their electrical enterprise, Doran Electrical.
In consultation with the owner, the project had the following objectives:
- Development of the Doran Solar Brand supported by their existing electrical brand Doran Electrical
- Collect potential leads
- Design a website to provide a consistent user-friendly experience
- Provide quality information for customers considering solar power
Phase 1: Research
We created a professional website that is mobile-friendly, attractive and high quality.
Phase 2: Styling and Functionality
Consistent branding, user-friendly, quality photography, excellent copywriting and excellent site structure for easy navigation are all essential and standard.
Phase 3: Launch and Ongoing Marketing
- Connecting with Google: We researched keywords, which in part drove the content creation as well as potential customer profiles. The pages and blog had on-page optimisation completed. We connected the website with Google Analytics and submitted a sitemap to Google Search Console. We create a Google My Business page.
- Email Marketing: Email Marketing is a great way to nurture leads especially for businesses that have a long lead time. Therefore we created and set up a new MailChimp account and as well as opt-in forms.
- Social Media: The client had created a Facebook page, and we discussed options to promote the business on Facebook.
- Blogging: The website was set up with a blog for creating engaging content and for SEO reasons.
Results: We designed an updated, clean, and easy-to-navigate website while providing the additional functionality to sell online courses and integrate with their 3rd party course delivery system. The homepage speed has improved - from up to 8 seconds to load, down to under 2 seconds. Lean6sigma are now selling and delivering courses online and receiving a good number of inquiries.
" Awesome! I appreciate your prompt work. We are making good progress towards achieving the business goals for the website"